Wednesday 25 April 2012

Todays make up.

I love it when other bloggers do a todays make up post, I guess it's as I'm nosey and love to see products in action! My daily make up changes quite a bit, I tend to swap and change lipstick and blusher but keep the same (ish) base. So here's how I've done my make up today! It's very natural, kind of a, "I'm not wearing make up" look. My day today is mainly catching up on jobs so I didn't want to look too heavily done up. I just want to apologise for my hair in these photos - I'd just got caught in the heaviest rain ever, without an umbrella, so I had to do a mad dash for cover  - hence the rat tail look!




I've decided to break down the make up in to satges - I'm actually shocked at how much I used to get a natural look - damn my awful skin!

Primer
To give a nice base to my make up and give a bit of glow I used Barbara Daly Face Lift. This one of my favourite products at the min and you can read my full review of it here.


Foundation
As always I used my trusty Estee Lauder Double Wear in shade 3N1. I really don't know what I did before I discovered this foundation. I love how well it covers my imperfectionsa and it lasts for hours! I applied the foundation with my MAC stippling brush.

Concealer
I used Benefit booing concealer in shade number 2 under my eyes and anywhere I needed a bit of extra coverage. This is an industrial strength concealer and great for disgusing those dark circles.

Setting Powder
To hold my base in place I used Mineral Veil from Bare Minerals, I reviewed it here. I love how light this powder is!

Bronzer
I applied Nars laguna bronzer over my cheeks and forehead, basically anywhere the sun normally hits your face.

Contouring
As well as applying bronzer I love to contour! I basically shade the area under my cheek bones with Benefit Dallas. It gives the impression of great cheek bones - well, I think so anyway!


Cheeks
I applied Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle over my cheeks and up to the corners of my eyes (you can read my review here) then I used my Real Technique Blush Brush and applied Nars Oragasm blush over the apples of my cheek.

Eyes
I used the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes kit to give my eyes a natural smokey look. This kit is great if you're in a rush as it has all you need for highlighting and contouring your eyes. Mascara wise, I used Maybelline Colossal in blackest black on both my top and bottom lashes.

Lips
I applied a coat of my fave nude lipstick, Dior Indecise (I love nude lips!) and I was ready to roll!

I will do reviews on all the products above, I guess you could say that they're my staple make up pieces!

What do you think of todays look? How much make up do you need to achieve a natural look?

No comments:

Post a Comment