Monday 23 April 2012

Supermarket Stash - Barbara Daly Moisture Foundation

It's no secret that I love going to supermarkets - it sounds really geeky I know but I think they're perfect for stocking up on beauty essentials  - cotton pads, body moisturiser things like that. I also can't help but get drawn to the make up! I love trying new products so, to cheer up my latest jaunt round Tesco I decided to pick up a few Barbara Daly things to try.

I've never used any Barbara Daly products before but the packaging is a hit with me. It's simple and looks quite chic and there's quite often a 3 for 2 offer on - bonus! The products I chose to try out were Moisture Foundation in almond and Facelift. I've read a few good reviews about the Moisture Foundation so I thought it was high time I tried it out. As for the Facelift, it just caught me eye. It's a make up primer to make skin look fresh, luminous and bright - we might have a purse friendly Beauty Balm rival on our hands here!

This review is all about the foundation,  however I'm also blogging about Facelift - watch this space!!


As you know I'm strictly an Estee Lauder/Bare Minerals girl when it comes to foundation and I like a meduim coverage. On a scale of 1 to 10 of coverage I like about an 8! I'm so fussy!
The foundation cost about £7 for 29ml and it comes in a glass bottle with a black lid. Attatched to the lid there's like a little spatula to get the foundation out of the bottle. This is great for not wasting any - I always tip out so much when I just tip on to my hand.



I applied it with my stippling brush and used my normal primer underneath. I found the colour a great match but the coverage wasn't for me. It was just too sheer. On my scale I'd say it gave me about 4/10 coverage. I'm sure this is great for some people but I personally need something with a bit more oomph to hide my big pores and imperfections. It did leave a lovely dewwy finish but it also left may skin way too exposed for my liking!



How have you found Barbara Daly products?

No comments:

Post a Comment